Whole Wheat Pitta Bread with Hummus Recipe
This tempting recipe proves that wholesome food can be on the table in just minutes
- whoops - doesn't look like that image is actually a thing - double check https://www.rapeseedoilbenefits.com/wp-content/themes/mw-ahdb/library/images/icon-mixing.png exists and try again
- whoops - doesn't look like that image is actually a thing - double check https://www.rapeseedoilbenefits.com/wp-content/themes/mw-ahdb/library/images/icon-chef.png exists and try again
- whoops - doesn't look like that image is actually a thing - double check https://www.rapeseedoilbenefits.com/wp-content/themes/mw-ahdb/library/images/icon-people.png exists and try again
- whoops - doesn't look like that image is actually a thing - double check https://www.rapeseedoilbenefits.com/wp-content/themes/mw-ahdb/library/images/icon-wallet.png exists and try again
Cost Per Serving
25p - 49p
Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories384 kcal
Calories are a measure of the amount of energy in food and drink. Your weight depends on the balance between how much energy you consume and how much energy you use up. If you eat or drink more than you use you can gain weight. If you don’t eat enough you can lose it.
On average as a nation it seems we’re consuming too much saturated fat. Eating too much can increase your cholesterol, which is a risk factor for heart disease. Replacing saturated fats with unsaturated fats can help maintain healthy cholesterol levels, and reduce the risk of heart disease.
Fibre is classed as a carbohydrate and you should aim to eat 30g fibre each day. Eating plenty of fibre is good for your digestive health and is associated with a lower risk of heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes and some cancers.
Thanks for rating. Now leave a tip or review
- Place the chickpeas, garlic and tahini in a food processor and blend. Gradually blend in the oil, lemon juice and 75ml water to give a smooth paste. Season to taste.
- Griddle the pitta breads for 1-2 minutes each side until golden and toasted. Serve with the hummus.
- Cut the griddled pittas into strips and serve with vegetable crudités for a buffet.