Garlic & Rosemary Focaccia Style Bread Recipe
Amaze friends and family by freshly baking this focaccia using this simple recipe.
Cost Per Serving
Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories164 kcal
Calories are a measure of the amount of energy in food and drink. Your weight depends on the balance between how much energy you consume and how much energy you use up. If you eat or drink more than you use you can gain weight. If you don’t eat enough you can lose it.
Your body wouldn’t function without fat. Fat is an essential part of a healthy balanced diet. It provides fat soluble vitamins and essential fatty acids. But as fat is a rich source of energy (calories), it can easily contribute to weight gain.
Fibre is classed as a carbohydrate and you should aim to eat 30g fibre each day. Eating plenty of fibre is good for your digestive health and is associated with a lower risk of heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes and some cancers.
Thanks for rating. Now leave a tip or review
- Preheat the oven to 230°C, gas mark 8.
- Mix the bread mix with a pinch of salt, the garlic and 2 tsp rosemary.
- Mix in 3 tbsp oil and 320ml lukewarm water to form a dough.
- Knead on a floured surface for 5 minutes until smooth.
- Shape into a rough 22cm round and place on a large greased baking tray.
- Brush with a little cold pressed oil, sprinkle over the remaining rosemary and the salt.
- Cover with cling film and leave to prove in a warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Press dimples into the bread with a wooden spoon handle.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and sounds hollow when the base is tapped.
- Drizzle over the remaining oil and allow to cool.
- Ideal served warm simply with a dip of cold pressed rapeseed oil and balsamic vinegar as a starter.
- This works just as well with standard white bread mix.