Fruity Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe
A buttermilk pancake recipe with a fruity difference. Lip-smackingly fruity and moist pancakes.
Cost Per Serving
Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories212 kcal
Calories are a measure of the amount of energy in food and drink. Your weight depends on the balance between how much energy you consume and how much energy you use up. If you eat or drink more than you use you can gain weight. If you don’t eat enough you can lose it.
Your body wouldn’t function without fat. Fat is an essential part of a healthy balanced diet. It provides fat soluble vitamins and essential fatty acids. But as fat is a rich source of energy (calories), it can easily contribute to weight gain.
Fibre is classed as a carbohydrate and you should aim to eat 30g fibre each day. Eating plenty of fibre is good for your digestive health and is associated with a lower risk of heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes and some cancers.
Thanks for rating. Now leave a tip or review
- Place the flour in a large bowl.
- Whisk in the eggs and honey then gradually whisk in the buttermilk and 1 tbsp oil to form a thick batter.
- Stir in the fruit.
- Heat a little extra oil in a frying pan and using a tablespoon, spoon some mixture into the pan to make 4 pancakes.
- Cook gently for 1-2 minutes each side until golden and cooked through.
- Repeat to make 12 pancakes
- Ideal drizzled with honey or maple syrup and scattered with fresh fruit.
- For an extra healthy option, use self-raising wholemeal flour.