Fresh Tomato & Wholemeal Bread Soup Recipe
A satisfying and flavoursome soup that's simple to make
- whoops - doesn't look like that image is actually a thing - double check https://www.rapeseedoilbenefits.com/wp-content/themes/mw-ahdb/library/images/icon-mixing.png exists and try again
- whoops - doesn't look like that image is actually a thing - double check https://www.rapeseedoilbenefits.com/wp-content/themes/mw-ahdb/library/images/icon-chef.png exists and try again
- whoops - doesn't look like that image is actually a thing - double check https://www.rapeseedoilbenefits.com/wp-content/themes/mw-ahdb/library/images/icon-people.png exists and try again
- whoops - doesn't look like that image is actually a thing - double check https://www.rapeseedoilbenefits.com/wp-content/themes/mw-ahdb/library/images/icon-wallet.png exists and try again
Cost Per Serving
50p - 74p
Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories163 kcal
Calories are a measure of the amount of energy in food and drink. Your weight depends on the balance between how much energy you consume and how much energy you use up. If you eat or drink more than you use you can gain weight. If you don’t eat enough you can lose it.
On average as a nation it seems we’re consuming too much saturated fat. Eating too much can increase your cholesterol, which is a risk factor for heart disease. Replacing saturated fats with unsaturated fats can help maintain healthy cholesterol levels, and reduce the risk of heart disease.
Fibre is classed as a carbohydrate and you should aim to eat 30g fibre each day. Eating plenty of fibre is good for your digestive health and is associated with a lower risk of heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes and some cancers.
Thanks for rating. Now leave a tip or review
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, cover and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in the stock, bring to the boil. Roughly tear up the bread and add to the soup. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the basil and purée with a hand blender or food processor. Season to taste.
- Ideal for freezing - defrost before reheating.
- Try adding some smoked back bacon with the onion for extra flavour.
- Ideal served chilled in summer.