Date & Walnut Cake Recipe
It couldn’t be simpler. Mix up the ingredients and before you know it, you have a delicious, wholesome cake
- whoops - doesn't look like that image is actually a thing - double check https://www.rapeseedoilbenefits.com/wp-content/themes/mw-ahdb/library/images/icon-mixing.png exists and try again
- whoops - doesn't look like that image is actually a thing - double check https://www.rapeseedoilbenefits.com/wp-content/themes/mw-ahdb/library/images/icon-chef.png exists and try again
- whoops - doesn't look like that image is actually a thing - double check https://www.rapeseedoilbenefits.com/wp-content/themes/mw-ahdb/library/images/icon-people.png exists and try again
- whoops - doesn't look like that image is actually a thing - double check https://www.rapeseedoilbenefits.com/wp-content/themes/mw-ahdb/library/images/icon-wallet.png exists and try again
Cost Per Serving
25p - 49p
Nutrition Per Serving
- Calories276 kcal
Calories are a measure of the amount of energy in food and drink. Your weight depends on the balance between how much energy you consume and how much energy you use up. If you eat or drink more than you use you can gain weight. If you don’t eat enough you can lose it.
Your body wouldn’t function without fat. Fat is an essential part of a healthy balanced diet. It provides fat soluble vitamins and essential fatty acids. But as fat is a rich source of energy (calories), it can easily contribute to weight gain.
On average as a nation it seems we’re consuming too much saturated fat. Eating too much can increase your cholesterol, which is a risk factor for heart disease. Replacing saturated fats with unsaturated fats can help maintain healthy cholesterol levels, and reduce the risk of heart disease.
Starchy foods like bread, breakfast cereals or potatoes are a good source of carbohydrate and should make up just over a third of the food you eat. When eaten, carbohydrates are broken down into glucose, which is used to fuel cells in your body like brain and muscle cells. Some people think starchy carbohydrates are fattening, but gram for gram it contains less than half the calories of fat. Choose whole grain or high fibre varieties where you can as they often contain more nutrients.
On average in the UK we eat too much sugar. Foods and drinks high in sugars are not needed in the diet. So if you have them, make sure they're infrequent and in small amounts, or you risk tooth decay or obesity.
Fibre is classed as a carbohydrate and you should aim to eat 30g fibre each day. Eating plenty of fibre is good for your digestive health and is associated with a lower risk of heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes and some cancers.
All cells and tissues contain protein, so it’s essential for growth, repair and good health. Protein from animal sources such as meat, fish, eggs and dairy products contain all the essential amino acids (the building blocks of protein) needed by the body. If you're vegetarian or vegan, you can get the protein you need through eating a variety of different plant sources such as pulses, nuts and cereals.
Thanks for rating. Now leave a tip or review
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Line a 20cm square tin with greaseproof paper.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl until evenly mixed.
- Pour into the prepared tin and spread evenly. Cook for 25-30 minutes, inserting a skewer into the centre of the cake and ensuring it comes out clean. Leave for a few minutes in the tin before placing on a wire rack to cool.
- When cool, remove from the paper and cut into squares using a serrated knife.
- Try using dried apricots instead of dates.